HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi - my name Dave, I am a new member and I research and collect match worn Leeds United shirts.

Here is a link to my collection...

http://www.leedsunitedmatchworn.co.uk

...if you click on "The Shirts" link at the top of the page you can see each shirt listed.

I have tried to write about the shirt, the season and the player - hoping that is gives as much detail as possible about each shirt in the collection.

If you have any questions around Leeds shirts please get in touch, I am always happy to help a fellow collector!

I have met some great people through shirt collecting and I am really looking forward to getting to know you all, and your collections, in 2012!

Kind regards

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.leo.
Singaporean Jersey Collector
Singaporean Jersey Collector


Male
Number of posts : 1213
Age : 34
Location : Old Trafford
Job/hobbies : Graphic Designer
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

very clean and nice site... easy to navigate... not forgetting, great collection too!

I like the Champions League RADEBE 5 shirt... Smile

if you have any means and ways to get an Alan Smith shirt, lemme know, ya?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

.leo. wrote:
very clean and nice site... easy to navigate... not forgetting, great collection too!

I like the Champions League RADEBE 5 shirt... Smile

if you have any means and ways to get an Alan Smith shirt, lemme know, ya?


Hi Leo

Thanks very much - my day job is a web designer so it comes in quite handy for things like this!

Yeah the Radebe Champions League shirt is a nice one, I like that fact that they used different coloured star ball patches in the later rounds too!

Ill certainly keep my eye out for a Smith shirt for you.

Thank you again for your nice comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schmeichel7
Administrator
Administrator


Male
Number of posts : 4272
Age : 36
Location : Shah Alam
Job/hobbies : Collecting Football Jerseys
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Very nice collection indeed... Sad to see how Leeds ended up after the terrible financial mess no thanks to their former chairman (Peter Risdale)... I read a lot of the story from many sources such as from FourFourTwo magazine on what went wrong with the club... how the plans were not feasible.. from total euphoria (reaching the UCL semi finals) to total disaster of relegation and financial meltdown... the fans don't deserve it.

Put aside the club rivalry (war of the roses, whatever)... most Man United fans here don't really care about it anyway... We all hope that the club rises back again and returns back to where they belong.. in top flight football...

Awesome collection anyway Dave... thanks for sharing it with us.... we all appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://my-fjc.friendhood.net
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 pm

schmeichel7 wrote:
Very nice collection indeed... Sad to see how Leeds ended up after the terrible financial mess no thanks to their former chairman (Peter Risdale)... I read a lot of the story from many sources such as from FourFourTwo magazine on what went wrong with the club... how the plans were not feasible.. from total euphoria (reaching the UCL semi finals) to total disaster of relegation and financial meltdown... the fans don't deserve it.

Put aside the club rivalry (war of the roses, whatever)... most Man United fans here don't really care about it anyway... We all hope that the club rises back again and returns back to where they belong.. in top flight football...

Awesome collection anyway Dave... thanks for sharing it with us.... we all appreciate them.

Yeah, Mr Ridsdale isnt the most popular figure around Elland Road! Amazing that he is still allowed to work in football really!

Thanks again for the kind comments, it is great to speak to other shirt collectors from around the world.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)


Male
Number of posts : 4539
Age : 37
Location : United Kingdom
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Nice collection mate Smile Love the Umbro shirts as well as the Yeboah one and the 10-11 charity Marie Curie shirt is beautiful.

About the financial situation.....what i find strange is the stick O'Leary got over this as well. In some articles i have read he got more stick than Risdale. He was only the manager, he didn't write the cheques. He asked for a player and was told yes in most cases.....what manager doesn't ask for players? Its up to the board, chairman, financial director to decide if the deal is good for the club or not surely? Also he bought in the main good players who alot were moved on for more money(Rio for example) or at least got some decent cash back.

Risdale has a nerve tbh.....everywhere he does it seems to go into meltdown!! Sure he isn't losing any money himself though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

treble_1999 wrote:
Nice collection mate Smile Love the Umbro shirts as well as the Yeboah one and the 10-11 charity Marie Curie shirt is beautiful.

About the financial situation.....what i find strange is the stick O'Leary got over this as well. In some articles i have read he got more stick than Risdale. He was only the manager, he didn't write the cheques. He asked for a player and was told yes in most cases.....what manager doesn't ask for players? Its up to the board, chairman, financial director to decide if the deal is good for the club or not surely? Also he bought in the main good players who alot were moved on for more money(Rio for example) or at least got some decent cash back.

Risdale has a nerve tbh.....everywhere he does it seems to go into meltdown!! Sure he isn't losing any money himself though...

Yeah, the umbro ones are probably my favourite shirts - bring back some great memories, Gary Speed's Top Man shirt is particulary prescious now.

Regarding O'Leary - within the club I dont think anyone really blames him - as you say, if you have a chairman who is wanting to "live the dream" you're not going to turn him down! It just shows that football is unpredictable though, Ridsdale and the board gambled spending big presuming that we would only finish higher than the previous season. When we fell short and missed out on the Champions League money... the wages were unsustainable, and the meltdown began!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixker
Singaporean Jersey Collector
Singaporean Jersey Collector


Male
Number of posts : 394
Location : Singapore
Job/hobbies : Collecting Football Jerseys & selective complete kits
Humor : Duh - what me worry? Calvin & Hobbes? Kampung Boy - Lat bagus
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 am

Hi there!

Welcome!!!!!

I'm a Devil's fan with a couple of Leeds jersey myself!
lol


Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am

Alixker wrote:
Hi there!

Welcome!!!!!

I'm a Devil's fan with a couple of Leeds jersey myself!
lol



Ah brilliant! Which ones do you have? Thank you for the welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixker
Singaporean Jersey Collector
Singaporean Jersey Collector


Male
Number of posts : 394
Location : Singapore
Job/hobbies : Collecting Football Jerseys & selective complete kits
Humor : Duh - what me worry? Calvin & Hobbes? Kampung Boy - Lat bagus
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 am

2010 & 2011 home.
By the way, is the blue kit from 2011 any different from 2010?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeedsUnitedMatchWorn
British Jersey Collector
British Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 11
Location : Yorkshire, England
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:19 am

Alixker wrote:
2010 & 2011 home.
By the way, is the blue kit from 2011 any different from 2010?

The only difference is the sponsor - it was Net Flights last season but is now Enterprise Insurance, the actual shirts are identical though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexxx-A.D.I.D.A.S
Greek Jersey Collector
Greek Jersey Collector


Male
Number of posts : 887
Age : 24
Location : Sydney
Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:23 am

Gary Speed- RIP

DOL- Top manager suprised he hasn't scored a job at least in the championship or something.. I've always liked him

Radebe- Great player on & off the pitch

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alixker
Singaporean Jersey Collector
Singaporean Jersey Collector


Male
Number of posts : 394
Location : Singapore
Job/hobbies : Collecting Football Jerseys & selective complete kits
Humor : Duh - what me worry? Calvin & Hobbes? Kampung Boy - Lat bagus
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:27 am

LeedsUnitedMatchWorn wrote:
Alixker wrote:
2010 & 2011 home.
By the way, is the blue kit from 2011 any different from 2010?

The only difference is the sponsor - it was Net Flights last season but is now Enterprise Insurance, the actual shirts are identical though!

Tks bro!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akmal29
Indonesian Jersey Collector
Indonesian Jersey Collector


Number of posts : 51
Location : Indonesia
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:24 pm

wow nice one bro
i like the gary speed away 90-91 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...   Today at 3:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My collection of Leeds United match worn shirts...
» Football match-issue/worn shirts for sale.
» Di Maria Real Madrid Match Worn Champions League Shirt
» Special for Unique and Indonesia league match worn shirts
» Gary's PI and Man City Match Issued/Worn collection

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football Jersey Collectors (JCs) Discussions :: Football Jersey Collector's Gallery-
Jump to: