bluesKL
Malaysian Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:45 pm

before torres join liverpool....
SAF already wanted bring him to MU...but then....uhuhuuuu....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kewellrulez

Male
Number of posts : 2144
Job/hobbies : soccer, futsal
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:49 pm

wonder how much torres would cost ? 100 Mil? if that is the offer, i think rafa wont reject BUT torres aint gona leave liverpool. it would be a death threat from the fans just like when Gerrard wanted to leave. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Gerrard was bound to leave for Chelsea last time, it still considered as safe

If Torres decide to join Man Utd, don't know what will happen then, haha Sweat
Back to top Go down
qspn

Male
Number of posts : 1118
Job/hobbies : Football
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:26 pm

TORRES EYEING ANFIELD TROPHIES
James Carroll

As Fernando Torres prepares to aid Spain’s quest for more silverware in the Confederations Cup, the Reds’ striker has revealed his desperation to bring home the Barclays Premier League title for the ’phenomenal’ Liverpool fans.

El Nino reaffirmed his commitment to the club by agreeing terms on a new deal earlier last month and Torres admits the vociferous backing he receives from the Kop played no small part in his decision.

"They say foreign players don't care as much as the home grown, but we are very much aware that Liverpool haven't won the Premier League for 20 years and understand the supporters are desperate for us to put that right," said Liverpool's No.9.

"The rivalry with Manchester United is intense and the roof will come off at Anfield if we beat them to next year's title. Obviously the Champions League means a lot to Liverpool, but the English title is the one everyone wants in our dressing room.

"Liverpool Football Club is a phenomenon, with millions of fans who totally identify with everything the club stands for. They are at one with the players and that's why the backing we get at Anfield and from the away support is second to none.

"This club has it all: the history, the prestige, the fans, the organisation. It's a big responsibility to give the fans here the success they desire, but the challenge is always exhilarating and this is why I was delighted to sign a new contract.

Since arriving at Anfield in July 2007 Torres has firmly established himself as arguably the world's finest striker.

The 25-year-old – who has scored an astonishing 50 goals in just 84 appearances for the Reds - attributes part of his success to manager Rafa Benitez.

He added: "Now we need to win the big trophies and we can trust Rafa Benitez to keep the momentum going for us. He is a great manager and has helped me improve so much in my time at Liverpool. I left Spain when I was still young, but my manager has helped me to mature.

Torres has forged a prolific partnership with Reds’ skipper Steven Gerrard, a player the Spain international feels is a fierce contender for the title of the best player in world football.

"When people talk about the best footballers in Europe, they always single out Messi, and Cristiano Ronaldo, but Gerrard is just as strong," said El Nino.

"Messi and Ronaldo are special talents and the fact that they are in teams winning the important trophies means they stand out from the rest.

"I'm spoilt having a teammate like Gerrard as I can count on him supplying me with perfect passes. You make the run into the space and however tightly marked he is, he finds a way to get the ball through.

"The highest compliment I can pay him is that he's as creative as a Xavi at Barcelona, with something extra as well. When you add his energy, toughness, leadership and goal scoring ability and the result is a fantastic all-round player.

"Maybe I am biased because he is my team-mate and friend, but Stevie does not get the credit he deserves either in England or with European fans. This can change in 2010 when he has a chance to confirm his class with Liverpool and in the World Cup."

Before Torres can relax after another long campaign, there is the matter of helping his native Spain in their pursuit of a second piece of silverware in 12 months as La Roja prepare to begin their Confederations Cup campaign against New Zealand this evening.

El Nino admits he is relishing the prospect of helping his country to another trophy and has played down any suggestion of fatigue.

"I feel fine and I'm looking forward to this tournament," he said. "I know I need to stay fit next season as this will help Liverpool win prizes and, obviously, the World Cup is the big target for Spain. Still the Confederations Cup is important also.

"Every time the Spanish national team comes together, we want to win. We're on a long, successful run at the moment and have standards to maintain. We have built up a tremendous amount of confidence and are a very proud set of players. The Confederations Cup would be nice but clearly the number one objective is to do really well at the World Cup.

"It's normal for us to be highly-rated when people think about the World Cup as we are the European champions. Barcelona's Champions League victory is bound to raise expectations too and this is something we have to live with.

"Still, the World Cup is our biggest test. So many times in the past Spain have promised a lot, but failed to deliver. We showed what we are capable of last summer and I'm confident of more of the same next year. Not only do we have the talent, we love being together as a group and this unity can take us long, long way."

source: liverpoolfc.tv

Highly doubt so a player would leave after this statement. Judging from his body language he is contend life at Merseyside. He has close relationship with the fans during his time at Liverpool or Atletico. I don't see why he want to move to United. It is the same like him moving to Real as he won't move there because of his club sentiment.

His armband prove that he is a Reds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faizulazlan

Male
Number of posts : 580
Job/hobbies : Despatch Boy!
Humor : Injury Prone!
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm

quite the same thing he said after winning the EURO with spain.. huhu.. but after United have won the league title three in a row already.. this year probably the best time for him to fullfil his wildest dream of winning the premier league..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fsdevils.forums-free.com/
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am

Don't believe what players say. Ronaldo spent the last 10 months saying how Old Trafford was 'home' and that he didn't want to leave and he couldn't wait to get to RM. Torres imo would come to Man U if a bid was accepted. He says he wants to win the big trophies and in 2 years with Liverpool he has nothing. He won't wait forever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redsuns
Singaporean Jersey Collector
Singaporean Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 1093
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:56 am

It would be good if we can get either of these 2 guys, Torres or Villa..well Villa has said he already decided on which team to go to and my guess is either barca or RM..although deep inside I am still hoping its Man utd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)

Male

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am

redsuns wrote:
It would be good if we can get either of these 2 guys, Torres or Villa..well Villa has said he already decided on which team to go to and my guess is either barca or RM..although deep inside I am still hoping its Man utd...

I think Villa has always said his preference was RM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)

Male

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:44 am

Manchester United in for Michael Owen??...what's your thoughts??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8131801.stm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qspn

Male
Number of posts : 1118
Job/hobbies : Football
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 am

treble_1999 wrote:

If my memory serve me right Rooney did asked Fergie to sign him when Owen was playing for Madrid. I think going there would suit Owen as he could play for a Big Four club but his role would be limited I reckon. He can play at the highest level competition once again as United are in the Champion Leagues. Most likely replacing Tevez role for United. If he can stay injury free the question now would he be contended to be a squad player as he intend to reignite his England career. He did move away from Liverpool as he is not a fan of Rafa's rotation policy. Moreover United are one of the several clubs can afford to pay his huge wages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
faizulazlan

Male
Number of posts : 580
Job/hobbies : Despatch Boy!
Humor : Injury Prone!
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:00 pm

treble_1999 wrote:

Way...... NO!!!!! No Nono
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fsdevils.forums-free.com/
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:25 pm

maybe SAF should work harder with scouts to find a better player though..since EPL is getting stronger...more clubs willing to spend more to get better player if not world class..not many club willing to sign owen due to injury he pick last season...they can't afford to sign a player n keep on sideline for a long time and become a burden to the team...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)

Male

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Personally as a replacement for Tevez if he can be kept reasonably fit it is a great move. Seems to be to un-motivated at Newcastle and this could be the pick-up he need for his won career. He will always scored goals and is a grat replacement for Teve who will cost less in wages and no transfer fee as well allowing more to spend for a real top level player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicque_panda

Male
Number of posts : 1248
Job/hobbies : JC of coz....
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:53 pm

IMO he's free anyway. and put the condition like everton did to Saha, pay-if-u-play...maybe he dun mind being a 3rd choice striker. another "Ole" in the making? plus welbeck & macheda can also learn from him, he's a capable goal-getter if he's injury free.

just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edward85

Male
Number of posts : 1117
Job/hobbies : football,jersey,music,cd album.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:00 pm

not a bad move either if he can stay fit...since owen is free agent now..give him 1 year contract to prove his worth is not a bad deal..final decision is on SAF to decide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:53 am

terry wants to hold talks with man city. That is interesting... but city would really need a world class defender in order for the team to excell IMO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Transfer talk   Today at 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down

EPL Transfer talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6