berserk
Malaysian Jersey Collector

Male
Number of posts : 1229
Job/hobbies : a few
Humor : acerbic
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:46 pm

asprillialim wrote:
It is easy to explain.
I meant how to explain to customs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male
Number of posts : 368
Job/hobbies : Football, Futsal, Fussball, PS3 Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution Soccer)
Humor : Forza Azzurri
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:49 pm

berserk wrote:
asprillialim wrote:
It is easy to explain.
I meant how to explain to customs.

I see. That's why. I'm headache now. Will they took away my jersey? Or will they just charge me money?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male
Job/hobbies : Football, Futsal, Fussball, PS3 Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution Soccer)

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Does anyone has a clue? I tried to email to the customs, but they never reply me. That is why I'm so frustrated with the government's department. I hope someone can help me out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berserk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 pm

They won't confiscate your jerseys (they're not fake so you never broke any laws) but they will attempt to levy import duties.

Now sure how they will value the shirts though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakhratul

Male
Number of posts : 1638
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:47 am

asprillialim wrote:
Does anyone has a clue? I tried to email to the customs, but they never reply me. That is why I'm so frustrated with the government's department. I hope someone can help me out.

typical malaysian government sector way of doing their daily business.. Thumbdown
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/sakhratul/
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 am

What if you guys say that I mail it back to Malaysia for some of my collection? Will there be any import duty or something for large volume of my Italy jersey?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berserk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 am

asprillialim wrote:
What if you guys say that I mail it back to Malaysia for some of my collection? Will there be any import duty or something for large volume of my Italy jersey?
Levying of duties by customs depends on your luck.

From the experiences of many here who have bought stuff from online stores (e.g. kitbag) the consensus is for a small package of minimum weight & under RM500 declared value, you'd have to be unlucky to be taxed. But some have been taxed for buying even a couple of shirts.

I think your best solution is to bring back a few of your shirts (of totally different designs) & go check with the Customs' people when you are back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 am

I'm coming back tomorrow!! And I already sent out some of the BNWTIB jerseys along with my used clothes and used shoes together. I hope they don't recognize it. This time, I will be only bringing half of my collection back. At the end of the year, I will be coming back again to United States to take my remaining half.

Hope that I won't be taxed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakhratul

Male
Number of posts : 1638
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 am

gud luck to u bro...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/sakhratul/
chcher
Moderator (Malaysia)
Moderator (Malaysia)

Male
Number of posts : 2710
Job/hobbies : Football, jersey, unplugged music, keyboard, singing
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Good luck bro and welcome back to Malaysia! Hope to see you and your collection at one of our gatherings soon k Smile

http://stevencheok.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/9727640@N08/collections/72157605155
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Luck is what I need the most right now, especially when I landed in Malaysia's soil but trying to avoid the attention of the customs. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
qsp1985

Male
Number of posts : 5721
Job/hobbies : Football, music, movies
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:47 pm

wohh hoooo 300++ kits. sweet man just sweet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:44 pm

I finally back in Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia. I brought 130++ jersey in my lugguage but the customs never check me. And I got lucky from not getting taxed. However, the one that I used FedEx to ship back some of my jerseys and ordinary clothes were being taxed. The one that used DHL was not taxed.

Now, I still have two more big packages that waiting for it to arrive. Hope that there isn't any taxes needed to be charged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saddizdd7

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : love collecting football shirts
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 pm

welcome back asprillialim Respect
nice azzurri collection there bro Respect
proud to know that someone like u do have an azzurri kits over 300++ Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://my-fjc.friendhood.net/
berserk

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:40 pm

asprillialim wrote:
I finally back in Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia. I brought 130++ jersey in my lugguage but the customs never check me. And I got lucky from not getting taxed. However, the one that I used FedEx to ship back some of my jerseys and ordinary clothes were being taxed. The one that used DHL was not taxed.

Now, I still have two more big packages that waiting for it to arrive. Hope that there isn't any taxes needed to be charged.
How did they evaluate the taxable value?

I can't imagine the Kastams people would have the time to determine the sale value of each shirt. Have you tried appealing to the officers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:11 am

I don't know about the customs in the airport of how to evaluate the taxable items. But if you ship/mail it from foreign country, they will tax the items based on how much the items were declared in the "commercial invoice" or declaration form. They never open your packages, but they will if they want. Normally, they never will. So, it is base on whether they want to tax you or not, and your luck would really be needed under such circumstances. As what I know, FedEx is one of the most complicated courrier service available and DHL is one of the most simpliest. However, FedEx is much more secure and organized unlike DHL.

When the items arrived in by using courrier service, and once tax was being charged, there is no way you can argue. Either you take it or leave it and they will send back to the sender. But if you were being taxed in the airport for your items in your luggage, you probably still have the chance to argue with the customs.

When I first arrive in KLIA and grabbed my luggage, I walked through the customs hallway. They just asked me what is inside my luggage, I told them it is just simply clothes, then they let me go. Basically, it is all about luck and I believe your appearance do some help too. If you look good, maybe they won't even look at you. Just like.........me. Whistling

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pires7

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 pm

wow is hot collection. Actually i saw the world cup italy jersey in JB that sell less than rm100, i plan to grab but after i tried several time suddenly i found it not suit me due to the back collar. I like the Nike jersey it looks classic but what i heard for Italy world cup 1990 jersey, it is a special made by versace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Are you sure that Italy World Cup 1990 jersey was designed by Versace? I'm not sure about this, it doesn't mean that I deny this but I just really don't know about it. By the way, the 1990 jersey is basically same as the 1986 jersey but just the tricolor stripes a bit different compare to 1990 jersey.

The 1986 jersey's stripes starts with the color red on top, then white and then green at the bottom of the tricolor stripes. However, the 1990 jerseys' stripes starts with the color green on top, then white and then red at the bottom. And they used it ever since then till now. All I know is that 2003 Puma made Italy jersey is designed by Versace. And Euro 2004, World Cup 2006 jerseys are designed by Neil Barret which he is one of the Gucci designer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treble_1999
Jersey Expert (UK)
Jersey Expert (UK)

Male
Number of posts : 4539
Job/hobbies : Shirt collecting, music, all sports
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Yeah agree, never heard about Italy 90 shirt being Versace. The Euro 2004 shirts were but don;t remember any Diadora ones being
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pires7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am

oic, i got the info from my fren becoz the 1990 jersey does not have manufacturer logo and he said its special design from versace. Well maybe or maybe not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zaim

Male
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 pm

asprillialim, before i can see ur link using the link, i got a bit confused..wheter u packed them in cabin luggage or check-in luggage. so it definitely must be in check in luggage.

hopefully the custom officers are not JCs..otherwise u might get empty luggage.. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pires7

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 am

Damn the Egypt pharaoh upset the world champion..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 pm

pires7 wrote:
oic, i got the info from my fren becoz the 1990 jersey does not have manufacturer logo and he said its special design from versace. Well maybe or maybe not. Very Happy

I believe there might be a chance that Versace designed it. I recently recalled that I read an artcile about the design of Italy diadora jersey. It seems like it mentioned about it, but I'm not sure, I already forgot about the content of the article already. I see whether I can trace back that article or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:31 pm

zaim wrote:
asprillialim, before i can see ur link using the link, i got a bit confused..wheter u packed them in cabin luggage or check-in luggage. so it definitely must be in check in luggage.

hopefully the custom officers are not JCs..otherwise u might get empty luggage.. No

I send them back with several methods. First, I'll send back from US to Malaysia by DHL which it is the cheapest among all the freight services even compare the the US Postal Service (post office) another small pack with Fed Express which it is more expensive but more secure. Local said that DHL often lost their packages, so those match issue and worn or rare one were sent back with Fed Express. Second, I packed two huge luggages of jerseys and checked it in as check-in-luggage. Third, I bring along some with my back pack with cabin luggage.

I was so afraid that the custom will opened my luggages and check me and taxed me later on. Thank goodness, they didn't check me. But, this doesn't stop my nightmare because I took another flight from KL back to my hometown - Kuantan. When I arrived in Kuantan, I was yet again scared like hell that they will check me because the Kuantan Air Port is so mall and the custom is right at front of the baggage claim area, I was so afraid that they saw me carry so many luggage and they would stop me. Eventually, I believe my luck helps me going all through this successfully.

When you thought the nightmare was gone, yet again you were wrong. While I was waiting for my packages arrive (which I sent back from US by using freight services), I was yet again afraid that I will be charged. Well, I couldn't sleep night and day because it took around 14 days to arrive!!! So, I got insomnia at those days.

Anyway, everything goes well because the customs here are bit "lazy" for most of the time and I just met right on time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asprillialim
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)
Jersey Expert (Malaysia)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:34 pm

pires7 wrote:
Damn the Egypt pharaoh upset the world champion..

This totally is heartbreaking. I just couldn't believe it. Italy just wasted too many chances and Egypt goalkeeper really did well.

Anyway, I will be looking this jersey even Italy lost the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim   Today at 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Azzurri Kit Collection from asprillialim
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next